B App Sc (Speech Pathology)
We help your child turn their challenges into accomplishments
Sharon sees children up to 18 years old. She works with a range of disorders including speech difficulty, late talkers, fussy feeding, reading skills, autism spectrum disorders, developmental disabilities and more.
Say A Lot Speech Pathology was established in 2014 to provide speech pathology services to the Wollongong region. It brings a holistic approach to speech therapy, which involves liaising and working with other professionals such as paediatricians, GPs, audiologists or hearing specialists, occupational therapists, preschools, school teachers, children and their families.
- To provide effective therapy for your child, we first conduct an assessment. Examining all the speech/language and literacy areas for a school-aged child may take up to 1.5 hours.
- We meet to discuss your concerns.
- We also liaise with your child’s preschool or school so that the assessment is personalised to suit your child.
- A tailored rehabilitation program is developed to address areas of need.
- We provide early intervention services to those individuals with mild/moderate and severe learning difficulties. This is very important as evidence shows that early intervention improves outcomes for most young children.
- Very young children are extremely receptive to therapy as their brains are still developing.
- Say A Lot Speech Pathology is registered with FaHCSIA (Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs) for Helping Children with Autism (HCWA). This initiative provides packages for children aged between 0-6 years who have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or Pervasive Developmental Delay (PDD), with approved early intervention services. Each eligible child is able to access up to $6000 per financial year, up to a total of $12000.
- Better Start for Children with Disability (Better Start). Can I get Better Start?
- We are also a registered National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provider. Our staff have registered provider numbers through Medicare, which allows our clients to access five Chronic Disease Management Plans per calendar year at the discretion of their GP.